Tuesday, September 8, 2009






When I saw this little picture I fell in love with it. It immediately reminded me of my Mom years ago, when she was staying with my husband & I and our two children. She had been going through a very stressful time at that time and so she and her brother decided that they were going to go out and forget about the fears and hurts, and enjoy a few drinks.




She got home later than I expected. Here is the 'reversed role' memory.




~I was tossing and turning in bed while listening with one open ear for my Uncle's car to pull up. It felt like it was 4:00am but it was only midnight. I heard the car's motor driving up the street, pulling over to the curb and a car door slamming shut. My Uncle waited until his sister got to the door and then he left after she got inside.




I was standing at the top of the staircase railing awaiting for her to notice me. She worked on the door a little longer than usual because she was trying desperately not to make any noise. The door squeaked a little and she sucked in a breath and froze. Then she began to giggle. She must have been thinking what I was thinking at the same moment "Who was the Mom and child now?" I couldn't stand it anymore and I said in a very firm harsh whisper,




"Where have you been! Who were you with? Were you drinking!"




She almost leapt out of her skin and with that a breaking of wind! Well, we started to laugh. We both covered our mouths and headed downstairs to the basement suite where we could laugh without waking anyone. It was good for her to have that feeling again of revisiting her youth even though it was 'just memory". Memories can keep people going. If they are good memories I see it as 'fuel for the spirit'.




Why don't you share a good memory here or with a friend. Go back, listen, feel, remember the smells & sounds & laughter. Let it help you toward one of the greatest things in life...peace.




Bless you and thanks for coming in.

'Auntie'











No comments: