Monday, September 14, 2009



~ How I Came To Know Jesus~

I have had a request to write about my deliverance. I will do it happily as I travel down the road of rememberance through my words.


My life story has not been a happy one. There were struggles of every kind. When you grown up in that kind of dysfunction, you become dysfunctional. I had no idea that I was not living a good life, after all, it was almost just like my parent's lifestyle. It wasn't until after my second child that there were deep rumblings in my gut that I wasn't living on a proper scale. My former second husband's (father to my 2nd. child) family were this beautiful and loving family that were filled with laughter. They had fun together, like, going to a fancy resturant for New Years Eve, or dinner parties. I was so terrified because I had no idea whatsoever how to eat shrimp cocktail or cornish hens. The pastry of my Mother-in-law's pie was flaky and melted in your mouth, and I had never had a raisin pie before, now one of my favorites! My father-in-law was the turkey maker...'a man cooking!'...I had never heard of such a thing before. And what was this bushy green thing on my plate? It was the first time in 26 years of my life that I had ever tasted 'broccoli'. Over 15 years I was given the 'best life lessons' that I have ever learned. They taught me how to cook, bake, laugh deeply, entertain...need I go on!


I had been introduced to so many, many differences from where I came from and I took to it well...except I still had some problems. When my marriage failed, I was devastated. Not only had I failed another marriage but I had lost the kind of parents that I had never had. My Mother was gone during my marriage & my Dad died when I was 16. I really grieved for my in-laws and still do.


I went back to my old ways, using the 'poor me poor me' excuse. My 2 children were adults by then but I know that I had hurt them in many ways by my lifestyle. One day, during a hospital stay, I felt the true peace of God envelope me and there was not on ounce of fear in me. No anger, no questions, no anxiety...just peace & love. That moment changed me forever because I had 'seen' the work of God before but I had never felt it inside me. This may sound like a fairy tale to how I came to know Jesus...but there was more.


I was alone in my little home and I had been struggling with terrible thoughts & feelings until I could take it no more. I called a Reverand that I had met in passing and asked for help. We met at his church 10 minutes later. I don't know how I even drove there that night because I was so messed up! He led me to the Lord and I have never looked back.


This has been a changing turn in my life, and a beautiful one! I am a completely different person now and have been making friends with some talents that I had not desired to encourage before. I am able to communicate my feelings like I have never been able to do. It has given me a sense of 'soul freedom' and I was content.


I still have my challeges, BUT, I am no longer a 'lost broken soul'. Jesus walked through all my trials with me. Sure, He could have delivered me from everything, but I never would have learned the wisdoms that I would need in order to survive. I would not be who I am today had I not walked this life beginning to now.
" REBORN IN CHRIST










No comments: